TENTH LESSON | ARCHITECTURE OF AN E-COMMERCE (PART 2)
In this lesson of “The Prof’s Advice” the advice on how to create an infrastructure for a successful e-commerce site continues, focusing the reflections on the moment of payment.
The moment of payment is a crucial phase in a customer’s e-commerce experience. Proper framework and effective practices can make the difference between a completed purchase and an abandoned cart.
- Flexible Payment Options : Offer a variety of payment options to fit the preferences of various customers. These could include credit cards, PayPal, bank transfers, and newer alternatives such as cryptocurrencies.
- Security: Make sure your site is secure and compliant with PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards to ensure the protection of your customers’ payment information.
- Smooth Checkout: A simple and smooth checkout process can improve conversions. Avoid overloading information or unnecessary steps that could make the customer abandon.
- Customer Support: Provide an easy way for customers to contact you or get assistance during the checkout process.
- Page speed: A slow checkout page can lead to lost sales. Make sure your pages load quickly.